Monday, August 6, 2007

Thoughts about the line

Dave and I have put a lot of thinking into this intro. We speak to lots of customers these days, over and over again they want white sleepers with art like we used to have. I know in the past few intros we have been trying to make things different looking, updated etc.. Dave and I feel we need to look at the past and grow it up a bit and offer our customers what we do well...sleep shirts with whimsey and fun art. We want more hand drawn art than we have had in the past couple of intros. We would love for you to do some illustrations. I know Dave and I want to really take some time to do some really nice illustrations ourselves this intro. We will also be using some outside illustrators for some of the products as well. Take a good look at the white "Shoes to die for" sleeper under the "White Sleepers" section. For us this sleeper art is very similar to old Relevant but in a more elegant and sophisticated way. We all love the look of this art.

From what Dave and I can gather, our customers are missing the art of the past, we want to bring this feel back but with Dave and I's flavor. We have tried to develop new items that are linked to successful products so our customers will feel safe in buying. I don't want to bog you down with too many details about all our decisions, look it all over and let us know what you think.

We will be posting the line assignments soon so you can look at that and see who is doing what.

Mare and Dave

No comments: